Waltons began in 1949 in South Africa when a small family stationery company was founded in Cape Town by Norman Walton and his father at 141 Loop Street. Their aim was to bring a previously unseen range of stationery and work tools. Over the years, Waltons proved such a success that branches were opened nationwide and the brand became a household name.
Waltons Namibia (PTY) Ltd officially opened its doors on March 11, 1980.
The humble start of the branch at the Huka Building in 1980 resulted in a number of moves of branch location. From the Huka Building Waltons moved to Kaiser Krohne Corner. When new developments forced the company to move they found suitable premises in Bell Street. Upon completion of Mutual Platz, an additional outlet was opened in the brand new building. The company embarked on a program of expansion from one branch in Bell Street to 13 branches across Namibia.
As the leading stationer in Southern Africa we cater for the stationery needs of Namibians. We are in Namibia for Namibia. Steps were taken to appoint Namibians in senior positions and to invest Namibian Funds in Namibia. Waltons Namibia Grew from 11 staff members in 1980 to well over 220 today.